Sunday, January 23, 2011

Homemade Deodorant

We ran out of deodorant this week and since it's way too difficult to get here, I decided to whip up another batch.  Mine is healthier anyway.  I made two batches- a male and a female batch.  The only difference was the essential oils added.  For the male batch I used bergamot, mint and a drop of lavender; for the female batch, rose, lavendar, peppermint and a drop of honeysuckle.  They were both very nice blends.  Everyone was happy.

 Here are the ingredients:

3/4 cups of baking soda
1.5 oz  sunflower oil (about the size of a shot glass)
1 tsp cornflour
essential oils


Here are the steps:

1.   Mix the baking soda and cornstarch.
 2.  Add 1/2 of the oil.
 3.  Add your essential oils by the drop ( I used approximately 1-3 drops of each).
 3.  Mix with wooden spoon or stick.
 4.  Add the rest of the oil and stir.
 5.  Pour into your container.
 6.  Add an air-tight lid and label.  I'm using one of my amateur photos for now-pictured above.

This particular mixture feels very light and smooth under your arms.  It works pretty well and even though  it is not an antiperspirant, we've stayed pretty dry.  Everything I needed was in my kitchen so, I didn't have to spend megabucks having deodorant shipped from the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment