Friday, December 28, 2012

An Experimentation with LED Battery Powered Lights

It's been awhile but I'm back.  I've been experimenting with various off-grid lighting sources. Today, I decided to see which method would bring me the most light between a basic candle and an led battery powered light bulb or two.   Here are the pics, you be the judge:


I'm using the Awa led light bulb made in South Korea.  It has a sturdy base and an on/off switch on the side of the base.  The bulb comes with an adhesive as well as a bracket for more permanent mounting.   The lights don't compare to your standard incandescent bulb but it's enough light to make a cup of tea and to read by.  It lights my tiny bathroom well enough to function within it properly. However, I wouldn't trust it for make-up application or more intricate work (whatever that may be).  

With one bulb, you have some light. With two or more, ah, more, of course.  I'm happy that they use very little power and they're cool to the touch.  They're inexpensive ( I paid about $6 U.S.) but it depends on where you purchase them.  I have not seen these particular lights online in the U.S.  However, you can order them from Korea.  The similar bulbs sold in the U.S. via Amazon just don't measure up as they aren't as bright and they are quite flimsy.

If you'd like to see the video, check out my youtube channel: http:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4hY8qAotPg

No comments:

Post a Comment