Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday in Korea so there was a dinner and gifts and well wishes and such.  I'm grateful.  However, my thoughts are always somewhere else when people are doing what they think they should do for me on my birthday.  I no longer complain. I simply accept their gestures with a smile and try to enjoy myself.  Birthdays, at least mine, have always been a day of reflection, gratitude and reconnection to my deepest most spiritual self.  I like to spend time assessing where I've been, where I am and where I'd like to go. I've been this way all my life. Even when I was a child, I couldn't wait for everyone to leave so that I could spend some time with myself, then with my closet friends. So, now that I'm here, I get the best of both worlds, I can celebrate with friends on my birthday, while reserving my U.S. and official birthday for myself on the following day. Yeh!  The Quieter scenes from yesterday:

Entrance to Shell Restaurant

My trusty but tired car takes in the sunset while patiently waiting for me.

Traditional Korean Pancake.

Shell Restaurant wall display- many small jars filled with decorative sea shells.

I love salads!


Comfortable Seating

Beautiful Shell table.

The Main Course and Sides-Too bad I couldn't eat the pasta-there was shellfish, of course.
Then there was tea.






No comments:

Post a Comment