Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Simple Beauty-A Visual Meditation

When I was a child and I heard the elders say, "It's the simple things in life that matter" and "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", I knew exactly what that meant to me.  I think of the the dog that I had for my very own for almost a whole month before he was sent to live with someone else.  I think of the floor to ceiling windows of our near downtown apartment in which I stood staring out at the night sky of the Chicago downtown skyline, It was full of twinkling lights and stars so bright that at times it was  difficult to distinguish them from the reflections of the lights bouncing off  of  Lake Michigan.  I also think of the dirty boy who worked with the horses in the hidden stable across the street- a stable, with horses, right there, in the middle of the city! I think about hopscotches draw in thick chalk on the neighborhood sidewalk and I remember that melting cherry popsicle as it blurred the lines between squares 2 and 3 while the wooden sticks that once held the cold confection together slowly transformed into building pieces for my new jewelry box.

That was then and this is now. However, life's simple beauties still prevail in every corner of the Earth if you only pay attention.  This is what I call, visual meditation because when you focus on the wonderful, yet simple things in life; in nature, it's almost impossible to simultaneously worry about  anything.  Try it:


          (All photos the property of KopperRose)

















No comments:

Post a Comment